Thailand Work Visa Basics. Foreigners who are eligible to apply for visa extension and work permits at the One Stop Service Centre are:             1. Foreigner who is a researcher or developer on science and technology. An envelope with an affixed 5 THB stamp along with your return address for receiving the lower part of form TM 47. The purpose of this type of visa is to promote long stay for foreign traveler to Thailand. Single Entry Visa will be valid for 3 months from the date of issue. Work as a reporter, journalist or a film-producer. A copy of your educational records as well as letter of recommendation from previous employers that clearly state your job description and length of employment. 3. Multiple entry: 1 year. My advice is if you are coming to Thailand for long stay & wish to apply for the retirement visa when you arrive it is more cost effective to obtain the single entry non-immigrant visa which will give you a stay of 90 days when you enter Thailand & will give you time to prepare your documents ready for the retirement visa application. Information on the term of voluntary work of the applicant in Thailand have to be provided for the Embassy’s consideration. Applicants must have money deposited in Thai bank located in Thai bank located in Thailand with the amount of not less than 3 million Baht; Applicants must have money deposited in Thai bank located in Thailand with the amount of not less than 1.8 million Baht and have income with the amount of not less than 1.2 million Baht per year. Voluntary job or retirement along with State Pension. Visa applicants are required to read carefully the details and requirements of each type of Non-Immigrant visas. Copies of company documents must be signed by Board of Directors and affixed the seal of the company. Business registration and business license of the company in Thailand, Letter confirming the internship/participation from the company, Non-Immigrant Type IB (investing or working in a BOI registered company), Non-Immigrant Type ED (To study in a basic education level (elementary, primary, and secondary school, or to study in a short course (Thai or English language) - single entry only), Non-Immigrant Type ED (To study in a higher education level (university or college) - single entry only), Non-Immigrant Type ED (Internship (curricular internship) - single entry only), Non-Immigrant Type ED (Buddhism studies (monk) or performing Buddhist ritual activities - single entry only), Non-Immigrant Type M  (Media / Press based in Thailand, or Film crew (having purpose of producing a film, motion picture or advertisement - single entry only). Documents in foreign languages must be translated in Thai. Upon the completion of 90 days stay period in Thailand, foreigners must notify the Immigration Bureau of their residence in Thailand and shall repeat at every 90 days interval. 6. If you cannot obtain your extension inside Thailand, you will have to get a new non-immigrant visa from a Thai Embassy or Consulate abroad. Thai visa / Non-Immigrant Visa “O-A”(Long Stay) Posted in Thai visa Comments: 0 Views: 1,333 Non-Immigrant Visa “O-A”(Long Stay) This type of visa may be issued to applicants aged 50 years and over who wish to stay in Thailand for a period of not … The applicant is required to submit an official recommendation letter from the organisation in Thailand to the Embassy. Thai Visa – Non-Immigrant Visa – Thai O-A (Long Stay) Visa Eligibility. Certificate of criminal record clearance from the UK (ACRO, DBS, or issued by the police) or Ireland, Financial evidence showing monthly income of not less than 65,000 THB (approx. Please carefully note the immigration stamp in your passport to make sure that you do not overstay your visa. UPDATE: As of 1 April 2019, the cost of a Non-Immigrant Visa has increased in several countries.